Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fishing the Windy City........Not Chicago

I gave James a call Saturday to see if he wanted to go fishing on Sunday. Of course he wanted to go so we decided to go to Chipman to give a shot at the pickerel as we knew the water was at a good level and that the weeds were starting to grow. We were not sure if it was going to rain but we prepared for it. My bigger concern was if it was going to be windy because the previous week was quite windy every day.
When we arrived at our regular spot we got the canoe and fishing stuff ready. As we started fishing the wind picked up. We continued to fish but tried a few spots that were out of the wind a bit. The wind continued to blow quite strongly so we decided to try the other side of the road. This proved to be better as we were able to get out of the wind in a couple of spots and as we predicted we got into some fish. I landed my only two of the day in this spot. James had better luck than me throughout the day and he got a handful at this spot as well.

We actually left to go home around 5:30 because of the wind. Hopefully the next time we go it will not be as windy.

2 comments:

  1. Ya, I think Jim has a horseshoe up his butt when it comes to pickeral!! I caught a striped bass in French Lake on Sat, 16". 11" short of being a keeper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey, I think that's why I have a hard time sitting down in the boat. The horseshoe hurts sometimes. :)

    Congrats on the striped bass

    It's always a pain to leave the water before dark but the wind was only getting stronger and making it tough to stay afloat.

    Thanks for the great day Jamie.

    ReplyDelete