Friday, June 25, 2010

Chipman Again

Last Sunday James and I decided to go to Chipman to go after our favorite pickerel. We knew the weather forecast was not the greatest but we decided to go anyways. When we arrived it was windy as usual so we put in the right hand side as there were some protected areas. We fished there with little luck and then decided to go through the culverts to our regular side.
It was still windy so we decided to cross the river and see a spot James had talked about. We had to carry the canoe over land a bit but not too far. When we got there it was still very windy but we did get into a few spots that were protected. We had some pickerel chase the lures (all 6 inch senkos) and James caught a few. After we finished with this spot we went along the shore of the main river and had some strikes even though it was windy. We then made our way back to our regular fishing spot. As we did the wind finally died right down and we had a few hours of calm waters. We did get dumped on a few times with heavy rain but that was alright.
We got into on little channel and the water must have been 10 degrees warmer. James caught two back to back that jumped right out of the water as they were more active in the warm water. We fished around a little bit more and then called it a day as it became very dark again. As we were putting the canoe back on the car it rained very hard.
Here's hoping to get out again very soon.

2 comments:

  1. I still had a great time, even if I got a little soggy in the process. I think it took about 2 days to dry out my stuff, but it's ready for the next trip.

    I think once we tie up a few more weedless leader setups, like the one I was using on our trip we will both hook into a lot more and keep them on.

    We will also have less weeds on our lines, so less wasted casts.

    Ha, every one I have shown that picture of you in the rain loves it. Mostly women, they think your cute, even my wife. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be cuter with a fish in my hand :)

    ReplyDelete