Friday, August 6, 2010

Salmon Fishing: Buying Salmon Flies Online

Before I begin this post I want to say I encourage supporting the local people who sell the items you are looking for and I certainly buy my share of items from local people and local stores but I also look online to buy items that interest me, such as salmon flies that I will use when I go salmon fishing.

Yesterday I was surfing the Internet and came across this online store that sells trout and salmon flies along with other items. Since I have started to do some salmon fishing this year I need to start to stock pile my salmon fishing flies. I decided to give them a look to see what types of flies they sell.

I was very pleased to see that they have a very good selection of trout and salmon flies. Even though I wanted to buy a handful of trout flies I did focus of buying salmon flies. Their sidebar has these flies under steelhead/salmon. I also decided to look under the heading bass flies and I did decide to buy some of those flies as I think they would work for fishing salmon as well.

When I was finished placing my order I bought a total of 13 salmon flies, with me buy multiples of some same flies. Not one of the flies cost more than a dollar (US) and shipping to Canada for fishing flies was only $2.88, which if you ask me is an excellent deal.

The store is located in Arlington, Texas but that did not scare me away because of their very low shipping cost. I just received an email tonight saying the order was shipped today so I will post again post a comment to this post when they arrive to say how long the order took to arrive and what the quality of the flies is like. I am sure they are going to be just fine.

So, if you are someone who likes to go salmon fishing and are always looking for places to buy salmon flies online, why not give this company a try. The name of their company is The Angler's Dream Fly Shop. Give their name a click and give them a look.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting site. I see a few Miramichi flies listed and decided to order a couple myself to see how they compare. If your looking for a good local buy, the guy in Boiestown that has a dozen flies for $25, has great flies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Scott. Reply here and let me know what you think of the flies. I will check that person you mentioned as well. There is a fantastic place just down the road from me. He is well known for his salmon flies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fly you have in the top left of your post. I looks like the same fly I used to catch my best salmon on the Cains river.

    I remember fly fishing for hours with nothing and just as it was almost too dark to keep fishing I put that fly on and made just one cast straight across the river into a little cove looking area and I heard a huge splash and I was hooked up.

    I don't even think the fly had hit the water before that salmon was air born and nailed it. So much fun.

    The really cool thing is that I can use that exact same fly to catch some nice smallmouth bass.

    I would also like to give it a try for pickerel but I usually don't take my fly fishing gear on our pickerel outings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I received my first order of flies from this company and they seem to be very well made. With the conditions the way they are on the Miramichi I am not sure I will get to try them this year or not.

    ReplyDelete