Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Less Than Two Months to Go!!!

I know it is still quite a ways away but I start to get excited once we get under two months. It has been close to four months since I have fished so I am getting quite excited to hit the water again.
Around here I find the fishing does not really pick up until May but with the winter we are having perhaps things will be a bit earlier this year.
I am looking forward to getting out in the canoe with James and doing our favorite pickerel fishing. We also discussed at the end of last season that we are going to try to do more bass fishing as well.
I hope the rest of you are getting as excited as I am for the beginning of fishing season. As the season gets closer I hope to start adding more to my blog.

4 comments:

  1. More fishing fun for 2010, I'm up for that Jamie.

    We also have to get the float tubes in the water. It's an experience that you will not soon forget.

    Of course if your waders aren't neoprene thick enough to keep out the cold we will have to wait until the water warms up a bit.

    I am really looking forward to those pickerel spots I showed you at the end of the season. They should be really awesome in the spring when there is more water in those spots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will have to try those smaller spots earlier in the spring? When do you think we should try? Should the pickerel be in fairly early? My waders are the exact same as yours I think. They are fairly think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey guys! planing on trying some pickeral fishing this year since ive got me a boat now!!!i was wondering if you need some kind of tougher leader line since they have nice nasty teeth?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We use 30 lb braided line. That works quite well. Will get knotted up every once in awhile. I have also used regular line with steel leader.

    Their teeth are very sharp!! notice in some pics I am wearing a glove :)

    ReplyDelete