Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Tried the Kennebecasis

I took my fly rod out for the first time this year and headed to the Kennebecasis for a little evening fishing. When I got there, my thoughts were realized as the water was quite high and running quite hard. I figured I was there so I might as well give it a try.

Throughout my time fishing I tried different flies. I used the Adams, the Mosquito, Royal Coachman, and some other flies that I tied that had green in them. I did get some trout to rise at the flies but only managed to catch one small one. I think if, and that is a big if, the rain stays away for a handful of days that the water will drop pretty quickly.

On the way back home I stopped by the Scott road and fly fished the Petitcodiac for a couple of minutes using a Wolley Bugger and I did manage to catch one small bass. They are always great fun to catch on the fly.

I hope everyone is having fun fishing and having good luck. Until next time, tight lines.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you at least caught something. The change in water levels can really put them off.

    I hope your bass was a bit bigger than the one I landed at the Bass pond we went to. :)

    ReplyDelete