Tuesday, April 28, 2009

First Day Of Fishing......Finally



Well, it took me eleven days but I finally got out fishing last Sunday. Things came up and I could not get out until then. I called James and we were going to go to Smith's Creek to try some early season trout fishing. When I picked him up he asked if I wanted to go try for some chain pickerel and bass. Of course it took me all of 2 seconds to say yes.

So off we were to our pickerel spot. It took about an hour and twenty minutes to get there. We had a nice talk and the way there as we have not seen each other over the winter. As we turned the corner and saw the spot where we were going to fish we say that the water was extremely high. This did not stop as we put on our waiters and went fishing.

I am not sure if the water was still too cold, the water level, or if it was the wind but we did not have any luck catching any pickerel. We did not even see any movement on the water. We tried for about an hour and then decided to try the bass spot.
The water level was fine here as I do not think it changes much there, so I thought we were in for some fun bass fishing. Well, I was wrong. Again, perhaps the water temperature was still too cold. We did not have any luck at all. We tried for over and hour.

The weather was very nice, it was great to get out with James again, and I can finally say I have been fishing. Hopefully I will get out this weekend again.
Now that I have started fishing I will be keeping my blog up to date.
Happy fishing.

8 comments:

  1. James, were you in Chipman? I may go there on Fri to try for some pickeral. I thought bass only opened 1 May. I have fished turtle creek twice this year, only 1 sucker. OTHER GUYS WHO WERE also fishing only caught suckers. Where is a good boat launch in Chipman? Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top two pics were just 2 minutes past Chipman. The water was extremely high. I would wait a couple of weeks but perhaps it will drop a lot over the week. It was like 6-8 feet higher than nornal...if not more.
    If you still have my email, email me and I will give directions on how to find the launch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy James. It took me a couple of days to get my energy back after walking all those mountains of shale at the bass pond.

    I agree the water will take a couple of weeks to drop back to semi-normal at Chipman.

    I know where we parked the car at Redbank the water was right up to the car, which is usually 15 feet about the water. I couldn't believe how high it was.

    It was still a great day to be out of the backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jamie,
    To funny! I was looking for a spot to take Johnathan today and found your blog! Not sure where were going yet but it wont be in the house playing more video games. I can't wait to get out.
    Tonia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Tonia,

    I hope you find the blog informative and helpful.
    I will update as I go fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jamie, ( do you prefer james,jamie, jim) The bass are biting now in Petty. My buddy caught 1 and his wife 4 all around 16" trolling yesterday. We got to get out either on the weekend or some evening around 4or 5 pm for a couple of hours. Let me know when you may be avail, I am on the PC every day. Cheers Casey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Tonia....I am al ittle slow...did not realize it was you. Hope you had fun fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Casey,
    Glad you got out and caught some. I had no luck at Little River. I would love to get out. Thursday night I ref ball hockey. "The Boss" Is out right now. Wednesday are usually good but that could be too short of a notice for you for tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete