Monday, May 3, 2010

Fishing New Brunswick: Afternoon in Chipman

James and I decided to go fishing on Saturday. James came over to my house and helped me put the canoe on my new car as I wanted someone there to help me as I just got the car two weeks ago. The canoe went on and is more secure than on the Saturn.




When we got to Chipman we went to our regular spot to take a look. We figured the water would still be fairly high and we were right. We decided to go to another spot as we thought the water would be a little lower. We also wore our waiters which turned out good as we were able to get out a few times and fish from the sore to give us a stretch.




Throughout the day I had had a few pickerel chase my baits and I did not land any fish. As for James, I am not sure what he was doing all winter but it worked. He landed 6 or 7 pickerel and was was a very nice size. (See pic). If I was getting skunked I was at least glad someone was catching fish.....not really :) We used many different colored 6 inch worms and we used a little weight as the weeds have not grown much so we thought we would keep the baits a little below water level. James had most of his luck using the color red this day.

I am sure the water will continue to drop and our regular spot will look more to normal within a few weeks. I look forward to trying it again and hopefully this time James can take a few pictures of me catching some fish :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the fun day of fishing Jamie.

    I didn't want to tell you but I was spraying pickerel repellent on all your baits when you were looking the other way.

    I think the big secret was to leave that pink worm on my fishing rod all winter as it was the pink one that seemed to have captured all those pickerel's attention.

    It was pretty quick getting the canoe on and so much more stable that it used to be on your Saturn and the ride was pretty smooth as well.

    I am already dreaming about the next time we get to go out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure u let me know when u r going again. Your luck was like mine on the weekend ,nada after 22hrs on the water. Maybe we can set up a trip with 4 of us for a little competition.

    ReplyDelete